1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Include everything that you would cover in a five-minute interview. Explain the fundamentals of the proposed business: What will your product be? Who will your customers be? Who are the owners? What do you think the future holds for your business and your industry?
- Make it enthusiastic, professional, complete and concise.
- If applying for a loan, state clearly how much you want, precisely how you are going to use it, and how the money will make your business more profitable, thereby ensuring repayment..
2. BUSINESS PROFILE
2.1 Business Name / Proposed Business Name
2.2 Description of Business:
- What does your business do?
- Business structure (CC, private company, sole prop)
- Where is it located?
- Why did you decide to open this business?
- Who is your target market and customers?
- What are your keys to success?
- What are the growth trends in this business?
- What skills and training is needed to operate this business
3. THE PEOPLE
3.1 Owner/Member profiles
- Owner/Members’ names
- ID Number:
- Cell Number:
- Qualifications, skills, courses completed:
- What practical work experience do you have to run the business?
- Personal strengths and abilities;
4. SWOT ANALYSIS
- Threats (include competitors – who are they, what do they sell, what are their weaknesses, strengths?)
5.1 Product/Service description
5.2 Stock Analysis
- What kind of stock will you keep: raw materials, supplies, finished goods?
Average value in stock (i.e. what is your investment) in stock?
Rate of turnover and how does this compares with industry averages?
Seasonal peaks or troughs?
Lead-time for ordering?
5.3 Technology Usage
5.4 Supplier Research
- Key suppliers (including back-up suppliers)
- Type and amount of inventory supplied
- Credit and delivery policies
- History and reliability
- Do you expect shortages or short-term delivery problems?
- Are supply costs steady or fluctuating? If fluctuating, how would you deal with changing costs?
6. MARKET ANALYSIS
6.1 Target Market Description (Description; age; race, sex, income, education, what geographical location)
6.2 Market research (is there a need for this product/service)
6.3 Market trends