To ensure that your computer operates optimally, recommends Microsoft, you should check for and install Windows updates regularly. Here’s how…
How to do a manual Windows update:
1. Click the Start Button at the lower left hand side of your computer screen
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Windows Update
4. A pop-up box will appear: “Microsoft Windows Update”
5. Two options are presented: “Express” or “Custom” > Select “Express”.
6. Windows will review and install updates.
How to turn Windows automatic updates on/off:
1. Go to My Computer
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Automatic Updates
4. Select ‘Automatic’: Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them > Specify when you would like your computer to check for Windows updates.
5. Click OK.